Have you ever been to Philadelphia? If not, it is absolutely worth visiting. Our travel guide will acquaint you with the most interesting spots to check out during your stay in the city. In addition, the Megabus offers tickets starting with $1 only. Book a bus in advance to get the best deals. Low-cost travelling in Philadelphia is possible indeed!
Let’s start with free things to do in Philadelphia
- Liberty Bell.Tour the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall and become a part of the history of the USA. Explore Independence Hall and see the place where the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution were signed. Better come during off-peak hours to avoid the queues.
- Love Park.Whether it’s summer or winter, Love Park will hospitably host you. The location of the park is very comfortable and you don’t need to leave the city centre. A lovely fountain in the park during summertime or a nice Christmas market during wintertime provides a charming atmosphere for its visitors.
- Great Outdoors.If you really want to feel the vibe of the city, stroll along the streets, watch a film outdoors, rent a bike, listen to a street concert, enjoy an outdoor roller rink, go ice-skating, etc.
Let’s move on with what to see in Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Magic Gardens.Mural artist Isaiah Zagar has made a marvelous mosaic gallery that has become a favorite destination of those who love taking pictures (especially selfies).
- Philadelphia Museum of Art.Get there on Wednesday or on the first Sunday of the month to avoid paying $20 for a ticket and Pay What You Wish after 5 pm. Indulge in the incredible exhibits while visiting this marvelous monumental museum.
- City Hall Observation Deck.Enjoy the breathtaking views from the largest and highest City Hall in the US. The tour lasts only 15 minutes but you won’t like to leave it and come back down.
So, as you can see, there are plenty of free or low-cost things to do in Philadelphia. I hope our short travel guide has motivated you to go there and get some unforgettable experience.