If you have an assignment to submit a book critique but you do not have the faintest idea on how to do it, feel free to look through a book critique example provided by our custom writing experts. Before starting to work on such kinds of papers, you need to be well-aware of what a critique is and how to structure it. First of all, try to understand that a critique is not a summary of a literary work, where you have to compress the ideas and narrate them. When writing a critique, you should not provide a compilation of citations or the main ideas expressed in a literature work. The essence of critique writing is to provide a comprehensive analysis and evaluation. You need to demonstrate your analytical and critical thinking skills while working on a critique. In the whole, a good critique is not easy to write. That is why you frequently need to consult a book critique example to understand how it is structured and what ideas need to be included. To be successful and effective in book critique writing, it is essential to be aware of specific criteria.
Book Critique Format
A book critique should follow a specific structure: it should start with an introduction, further develop its main idea in the body paragraph, and finish with a conclusion. Read on to take a detailed look at each of these sections:
As it can be inferred from the name of the section, here you need to introduce your topic and intention of writing. You need to clearly explain why you have chosen a specific topic or why the topic assigned to you is worth attention or is significant for analysis. All in all, it is a must to provide your target readers with such information as the book title and the book author, the year of publication, the genre, some brief background information about the history of writing, and other facts that you consider to be worthy of attention. Sometimes, you are free to mention your personal impression from the reading.
- The main body
In the main body of the paper, you need to elaborate your idea and provide both summative and analytical information. If you do not know for sure how to organize your body paragraphs, you are free to examine some book critique example. The book should be briefly summarized in the first body paragraph. However, since it is a critique, make sure you do not delve deep in the paper summary. The core part of the text should be devoted to analysis. The summary has an intention to provide a general idea or notion of the piece of literary writing to those people who have not read the book and do not have any idea what it is about. As such, when summarizing the book, make sure to emphasize on the main events of the plot, mention the main characters, and pinpoint to the relation between them. After the summary, make sure to pay enough attention to the critique and evaluation part. Writing this part involves application of your analytical and critical skills in practice. As such, you need to pinpoint to the potential reason why the author wrote the book, how masterfully he did that, what the book intends to convey, whether it bears some historical significance, etc.
Aspects You Should Pay Attention to in the Evaluation Part
- Is the plot logical? Is it well-developed? Is it easy to understand what is going on in the book? Is there any confusion? Are there inconsistencies in the way the events are narrated or discussed?
- Provide your opinion and analytical perspective of the characters. How do they relate? How do they behave? Why do they behave in a specific way? Do they have specific motifs behind their actions? Are they properly described or do you lack some key information about a specific character? Are there both positive and negative characters?
- Take into consideration the language of the book writing? Why does the author use specific language or concrete literary devices? What impression does the author provide with the way he/ she writes?
- What is the main motif/ message/ idea of the book? Has the author managed to convey it in a clear and understandable way?
- Are the ideas presented in the book unique and original? Or have you managed to notice some parallels with the other literary works? If yes, which ones?
- Does the book bear some social or historical significance? What lesson does it teach?
- Hare your personal opinion on the book after reading it. Make sure to sound convincing and provide strong arguments.
- The conclusive paragraph
The conclusion should provide information on whether the book is worth reading and paying attention to. You need to re-emphasize the idea expressed in the thesis statement or just make it clear whether you were right as you conveyed a specific idea in the thesis.
Professional Assistance with Writing Book Critiques
Have you been searching online for a good company to purchase book critiques from? At WritingLeader we are proud to say we hire the most highly-qualified and experienced writers in the USA who are capable of delivering top-notch papers, including book critiques or reviews. Add to that our sizable 24x7 support team and you can be confident that you will get the high-quality book critique paper you need.
Why Purchase Book Critiques?
It may be that you are looking for somewhere to buy book critiques. If so, welcome to WritingLeader. We are a leading online provider of academic writing solutions to customers all over the world. So why not allow our excellent American writers to help you with your book critique requirements. We are confident you will be impressed! . Are you struggling with an assignment? Wondering how to write a critique? Our company is a trustworthy and professional provider of academic writing solutions. WritingLeader’s aim is to provide the finest quality content. Therefore, when using our services you are promised a product you will probably be delighted with. Don’t go with lower quality companies that are usually cheaper when you can get exceptional quality writings from WritingLeader for an affordable price.
The Solutions Provided by WritingLeader
The philosophy by which WritingLeader operates is to provide content of such a high quality that it changes your views about online writing services. All the writers employed by WritingLeader are based in the US and are well qualified to help you. Over many years we have delivered countless book critiques and article reviews and a lot of customers return again and again to place more orders with us, not least because we guarantee content that is authentic. Feel free to read the testimonials on our website to see how much we differ from other writing services. All of our writers have completed four-year degree courses at various US colleges so you can be sure that working with us is the best option you can have today. Moreover, when it comes to writing critique kind of papers, you should know that you have revision with an excellent customer support service at WritingLeader. Our support agents are dedicated to helping you anytime and are on hand to answer all your questions at all times. This is another feature that differentiates us from other writing services. We do care about our customers no matter what.
The Ordering Process at WritingLeader
It is quite easy to place an order with WritingLeader
- Choose your topic
- Choose your educational level
- Specify the document type
- Select single or double spacing
- Select the format e.g. APA, Chicago, MLA, etc. or let us know if you want a style that we don't have on the drop-down list.
- Select the number of sources you want, especially if you want ones that are additional to the book itself.
- Provide any detailed instructions or details for your assignment
- Specify the deadline
- Confirm the details of your order
- Make the payment.
And that’s all there is to it. On receipt of your order, our expert writers will start work. Feel free to contact us by phone or live chat if you have any questions about placing an order or want to view a critique example. It is really important you maintain contact with your assigned writer during the process to make sure you get the paper you want. We also ask that you don’t post any personal information in the messaging area because one of our highest priorities is protecting your privacy.
What are Book Critiques?
A lot of people take book critiques for book reviews, but a critique involves much more than just summing up a book's content. It analyzes the book in a critical manner in terms of its theme, purpose and other factors. The writer should draw attention to both the strong and weak points in the style of the book and any merits they see in its content. A book critique can vary in length from one to numerous pages, depending on whether the full book or just some sections are to be critiqued. There is a specific format on how to critique a book, which our writers will follow. This format usually starts with a statement that sets out important information on the book e.g. its title, author, genre and roughly what it is about. It is also important to specify the book’s purpose and there are some questions that will need answering, such as:
- What was the author’s reason for choosing this subject matter more than any other?
- What viewpoint is the book written from (e.g. first or second person, etc.)?
- What is thought to be the author’s reason for writing the book?
- How well does this particular book fit its type or genre?
- What audience is the book intended for?
- Is the book written in a formal, informal or other style?
- Additionally, there should be a note about the theme (or topic). Is the theme clear or obscure? Or what type of theme is it e.g. narrative, descriptive, argumentative, persuasive, etc.?
How important the book is will need to be assessed. This part of the critique should clearly state whether the presentation was sufficiently clear and coherent. A critique of this type should end with a summary of the key points of the book as well as argument statements. If our writers use sources apart from the book itself, these will be properly cited according to the format you specified on the order form and they will be accurately listed in the reference page or bibliography.
Book Critiques from WritingLeader
When you buy book critiques from WritingLeader the writer we assign will pay close attention to the genre of writing your book belongs to - e.g. is it a fictional or non-fictional work. Our writers really do know how to write a book critique and take a responsible approach to each project. They will write a comprehensive critique in order to provide you with a unique, original and high-quality essay. We are very proud of the fact that every single analysis we provide is compelling and thought-provoking. Moreover, our plagiarism policy assumes you will receive a brand new, logical and properly organized critique at a fair price. Not a re-written piece of someone else's work.
Order Your Book Critique Now!
It is very easy to order any type of paper from WritingLeader and we promise every piece of work is written to a high standard. WritingLeader offers a range of amenities that have made us unrivalled in our industry. Our pricing system is fair and we have built a team of professional writers who are keen to help you with whatever writing assignment you have. Moreover, we take pride in saying we will always complete and deliver your orders on time. So, why delay?
Book Critiques Sample PDF
WritingLeader guarantees the following with every order:
- Title or cover page
- Free revision within 2 days (48 hours) after order completion
- Customer support provided 24x7
- An American writer with whom you can constantly communicate
- Content that is entirely original
- A full no-plagiarism guarantee
- A bibliography
Enjoy the same experience that many other customers have been enjoying – exceptional writing assistance and a book critique service of the highest quality!