Journal Article Critique
When you are assigned to write a journal article critique, it can seem like an arduous task that requires too much effort. However, with a closer look into it, you can notice that this kind of writing has a clear structure with certain elements, which makes it easier to compose it step by step. Besides, your professor will probably provide you with article critique guidelines, which will give you an idea of how a paper of this sort should be written. Once you are informed about what is expected from your paper, writing a journal article critique becomes easier. You may wonder what kind of paper it is and what structure it requires. If you have got these questions in your mind, the journal critique example provided in this article will help you learn the basic principles of journal critique writing. First of all, you need to identify what type of journal article you have to critique. It can be a review of scientific literature, a review of a research article or a review of an empirical article. The journal critique example provided below presents a universal structure of journal critique formatting regardless of the article type.
How to Organize Your Journal Article Critique: A Helpful Journal Critique Example
- Provide a name of the article’s authors.
- Provide a full and complete title of the analyzed article.
- Mention the title of the journal, the volume number and full date of publication. Also include a specific number of pages the article has.
- Identify the main research problem addressed in the article.
- Discuss the main purpose the author(s) of the article aimed to achieve, the research hypothesis, and the main findings/ conclusions of the study.
The information provided above refers to the summative part of the journal article critique. However, since it is called a “critique,” it should focus on the critical evaluation of the content of the article. As such, the bulk of your journal article critique should be devoted to your analytical discussion of the article. You have to share your qualified viewpoint concerning the article under analysis. To do so, you need to follow specific strategies:
- Read the article for the first time in order to get the general idea of what the article is about.
- Read the article once again, this time applying your critical and analytical skills. During this reading, make sure to jot down important points from the article alongside with your personal commentaries and remarks. The journal critique example shared in this article mentions the following questions you have to consider while providing an article critique:
- If the title properly formulated? Is it clear? Is it appropriate?
- Does the article have an abstract? Is the abstract specific/ clear/ properly structured? Does the abstract reflect on the main aspects/ ideas/ messages of the article?
- Is there a well-organized introduction with a clearly formulated article purpose?
- Are there any factual errors? Are there any misinterpretations?
- Is the discussion logical and clear? Does it correspond to the topic at all?
- Does the author of the article use references to other scientific sources? Are the sources credible and peer-reviewed? Is the literature used by the author(s) updated?
- Are there any ideas that are poorly discussed?
- Are there any parts/ sections of the article that need revision? What parts are illogical? What parts could have been omitted?
- How can you evaluate the author’s claims and statements? Are they clear/ confusing/ succinct/ brief/ logical?
- What core assumption does the author present? Is it reached in the end?
- Is the author objective or subjective in his/ her decisions?
If the article you are analyzing is empirical and contains an experimental part, ask yourself the following questions:
- What is the purpose of the experiment?
- Is the experiment relevant in the field of research?
- Is there a proper discussion of experimental methods?
- Is the methodology appropriate for the study?
- Is the experiment described in vivid details enough to duplicate in the near future?
- Are the statistical data and calculations correct?
- Are there repetitions in the discussion of the experiment?
Basic Elements of a Journal Article Critique
Below are the major constituents that should be considered in your article critique essay writing:
Article Critique Format
The first thing you need to do is go through the rubric handed out by your teacher and see the required referencing style, as it will determine the format of your whole paper. For example, an APA style journal article critique is different from that of MLA style, and it is better to follow the correct formatting right away than to rearrange the typed text later. As a rule, the critique is required to have double spacing, Times New Roman font sized 12, and the use of subsections is advisory. In addition, it should have the following structure:
- Introduction: Presents the information about the article and its author, and explains the purpose of your paper.
- Body: Provides a critical analysis of the article, usually one argument per paragraph.
- Conclusion: Summarizes the stated ideas and gives a general assessment of the article’s usability and novelty.
- References: Pay special attention to the correct formatting of the works cited, both throughout the text and on the References page.
How to Buy a Journal Article Critique?
The whole process of searching for a good online place to get a journal article critique example can be rather time-consuming. However, this is not the case if you are at WritingLeader. We only employ the most qualified writers to produce high-quality papers to our customers. When you combine this with an excellent 24x7 customer support team you can be confident the paper you receive will be exactly what you need! Our team is made up of almost 1,500 expert US-based writers and our client base is spread over more than thirty countries. WritingLeader takes leading positions the global marketplace when it comes to providing the finest writing and editing services to both business and academic customers.
Why Purchase Journal Article Critiques?
Now that you have found WritingLeader you can finally quit your search since you have found the only place that can guarantee to provide a high-quality example of academic journal critique even before you submit your order. So why not let the writers at WritingLeader do what they do so well – help you write your papers. We guarantee we will not let down. WritingLeader offers help with all types of writing projects and we promise to provide you with quality content at all times. We differ from other providers in that we have extensive experience in providing fully authentic content. We just know you will be happy with what you receive at WritingLeader.
Journal Article Critique Example
How to Purchase Papers from WritingLeader?
The process of ordering journal critiques from WritingLeader is entirely hassle-free. Just go to our company’s website and click ‘Order Now!’ On doing this, you will be directed to the orders page where you will have a chance to provide details of your requirements, such as:
- Your educational level.
- Topic/subject matter.
- Line spacing requirements e.g. single or double.
- Document size e.g. a number of pages.
- Formatting style. If the style you want is not displayed in our drop-down menu, let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Type and number of references.
- Any other detailed instructions you would like our writer to follow.
Then confirm all order details and pay the indicated price using our secure payment system. That is all there is to it. It is that easy to order a paper from WritingLeader. Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or live chat if you have any questions about ordering, about the correct format of a journal critique or about any other aspect of our service.
Why WritingLeader is the Best Choice
When it comes to ordering papers online, one huge concern with customers is whether their assignments will be delivered on time. With us, you get a guarantee that your paper will be delivered by the deadline. However, we do recommend you set a deadline that falls before your paper is actually due for submission. This will give you time to review our work and, if needs be, ask us to revise it. Above all, we want you to be satisfied with any research journal critique example you buy from WritingLeader. The writing service offered by WritingLeader comes with many amenities you will not get from other writing companies. These include revisions and an intuitive messaging system that you can use to communicate with your writer. Our company also offers mobile capability, which is useful if you prefer to communicate via phone. We want you to be able to communicate with your writer, as you require so we make the process as seamless as we possibly can. However, we recommend you do not post personal information about yourself in the messaging area because protecting customer privacy is one of our highest priorities. A great aspect of our service is that we use American-only writers who have graduated from universities and colleges in the USA and have undergone a rigorous screening process before joining WritingLeader. We encourage you to have a look at the testimonials on our website and to buy your papers from us before you engage another writing service so that you can see how different we are.
How the Writing Process Works at WritingLeader
To, date, WritingLeader has written and delivered countless journal article critiques. With so many options open to you when it comes to buying the papers you need, we would like to demonstrate why our company is a better option than other writing services. For a start, our writers know you need more than just a summary when you order an MLA or APA style journal article critique online. You need a thorough, custom-written critique that surpasses your every expectation. Indeed, a journal article critique is comprised of two elements – 1) an analysis of the topic and any supporting evidence and 2) a summary. When writing a journal article critique, the writer must consider various questions such as whether the author’s argument is based on solid fact or generalizations, whether any counter arguments/evidence have been put forward, whether the argument left any questions unanswered, whether the author could have gone further in their argument or research and whether the work has any overall societal impact. The writers at WritingLeader are experts when it comes to knowing how to write critiques that are specific and coherent and properly summarize the article’s content and purpose. Our writers will also look at the research methods the author used and what the research has taught the reader. If required, we can even reference other research work on the subject. In buying journal article analyzes from WritingLeader, you are assured that our writers will provide an original and plagiarism-free paper that thoroughly and coherently evaluates the article being critiqued. With us, you can look forward to a properly structured paper made up of an introductory paragraph, a few body paragraphs and a robust conclusion. The decision to buy journal article critiques from WritingLeader is sure to prove to be a good one. We know how difficult these assignments can be so we aim to make the task less frustrating for you by writing substantial and high-impact article critiques that clearly and thoughtfully take account of all your requirements.
Buy a Journal Critique Today!
It is easy to buy a journal article critique example from WritingLeader and we promise to meet all your requirements. The many amenities offered by WritingLeader, such as free revisions and comprehensive mobile capability, have made us a trustworthy provider in our field. That is why you will be making the right choice by purchasing your critiques from our company. Furthermore, our prices are reasonable. So, why delay? Why not buy your journal article critique and discover our difference for yourself to understand why so many customers return to us time and time again?
Try us out and you will soon realize you have made a great investment in your academic career!